Friday, January 26, 2007

Dominican Republic






So, as many of you know, I recently went to the Dominican Republic (Jan 8-18). There are a few pictures above that capture a very small bit of an amazing trip. The first is part of the family that we stayed with, the second is a street near where they lived, the third a wonderful woman we met, and the last of course of the beach. I never knew how much I took for granted running water, specifically a flushing toilet, lol. Anyway, the trip was really a learning experience. No one spoke a word of english... except of course for my friend Mike, who I traveled with, who speaks spanish fluently (the woman in the first pic is his girlfriend), and I met a million people who would start talking to me until I looked confused enough that they'd figure out that I had no idea what they were saying. The electricity was come and go, so we spent many nights sitting by candlelight on someone's "porch" for hours, just chatting. Rum was cheaper than beer, and the music and the dancing was so much fun. I hated the rooster that woke me up at 4am every morning...and then the water trucks that woke me up at 6... the kids playing in the street at 8am... lol so I didn't sleep much, but everything else was great!. I can't wait to go back... next winter I think. Anyone want to come?

One more note: I'm looking for someone who wants to work in London with me next summer, and then spend a month traveling around Europe. No experience necessary, and you don't need much money either! If this person is you, drop me an email :)

No comments: