Thursday, February 1, 2007

Ready...Set...Go!

So today's the day. In about 4 hours I will be taking off from JFK airport, en route to London, then Nairobi, and finally Arusha, Tanzania. This is still all a bit surreal to me, that I'm about to leave the country for 7 months, take classes while on safari in Africa, and learn Swahili, not to mention travel around Europe, potentially by myself. I'm encouraged by my friend Hope's emails, as she just arrived in Uganda and has found support for this new leg of her journey in her friends' well wishes. Thanks to everyone who's given me support for this trip so far... and next time I write will be from Tanzania!

1 comment:

"Mum" said...

Hey Jess! I can't wait to read your next posting. We are thinking of you, and hoping that you're having a great time so far. Use that sunscreen!