Saturday, January 26, 2008

Focus the Nation... focus my life

Focus the Nation is happening on Thursday!! You should check out the stories in every local media outlet in the 17837 zip code area, including on the BU webpage, to see what's been controlling my life since the end of October... but in a good way!

So, classes and internship have started, and are going ok so far. I have Psychology of Learning, in which the prof probly hasn't changed his teaching technique in at least 5 years, which doesn't make sense as he should have learned something about teaching that would have caused him to alter his teaching technique by now. I am very very tired of the entire institution of Bucknell University, and the lack of creativity and actual diversity and social justice and things that matter- which is why I'm mildly annoyed by professors who won't let their students take one day during the Focus the Nation events to attend interdisciplinary discussion panels on global climate change because, obviously, their class is the single most important thing their students could EVER be doing. Not that everyone thinks that- a lot of teachers teach about global climate change within their classes, which is great! But for all the others... come onnnnn!

Anyway.... I also have chemistry, semester 2... horrible, thats the only way to describe it. Finally, Topics in Animal Behavior, which has 8 people and should be good! Then, my internship, SEDA-COG (www.seda-cog.org), 14 hours a week... coffee shop, 4 hours a week... BU Env Center and FTN, 10 hrs a week....s

I need to travel. It's like I need food, and I need water, and I need attention and good books and intellectual stimulation... I also want to paint my walls a color and bring some excitement into my apartment, and I'd like a puppy and an area rug for my bedroom.

The randomness of this blog hopefully brings a smile to your faces :).

No comments: